2017 has begun and resolutions have been made! Some resolutions are still going strong but lets be honest, most ended a week go. That is why this year I decided to be creative with my new years resolutions! Instead of writing a daunting to do list, I broke my new years resolutions into three categories. With inspiration from my friends at Pinterest and PopSugar, here are a list of ways to enhance your mind, body and spirit!
- Start a journal: Use it as a way to reflect or inspire!
- Listen to podcasts on your daily commute: Several of my friends have recommended the series Serial
- Read for 30 minutes a day: An easy solution is to sub out checking your phone before bed
- Watch a TED talk: You never know what learning a new subject will spark in you
- Stay informed on current events: My personal favorite way is to read the Skimm
- To sign up for the Skimm, use this link: http://www.theskimm.com/?r=ebbed99d.
- Unfriend toxic people: This will lead to a happier you and happier scrolling
- Stop procrastinating: Tackle the most dreadful thing on your to do list first
- Drink more water: I like to carry around a camel back or swell bottle 24/7
- Make breakfast a priority: There are so many ways to eat toast now a days
- Get more sleep: Seems impossible sometimes, but count your hours and get to bed early
- Eat more fruits and veggies: Smoothies are your best friends
- Stop ordering takeout: I am so guilty of this but cooking is a life skill you need to learn sometime!
- Exercise 3X a week: Find something new you haven’t tried like kickboxing or cycling
- Wake up and do yoga: Even a good stretch in the morning gives you a fresh start
- Meditate: I love deep breathing and visualizing exercises
- Volunteer for a cause you care about: Your community will thank you!
- Read inspiring quotes: I added Momentum on my google chrome so a quote pops up on my laptop every day
- Write letters to your friends and family: Even a cute card tells them you are thinking of them
- Go on a road trip: Nothing helps your soul more than satisfying your wanderlust
- Spend time with nature: I am a sucker for a good sunset. It is an easy and free way to enjoy the outdoors!
- Unplug and unwind: A good tip is to avoid bringing your work into the bedroom
- Smile more: Simple but important!
I challenge you to make 2017 the year of self care. I hope this motivates you to move forward in creating a better you!