While in Virginia last week, I got to take a day off , spent two weeks visiting Theta Zeta and Delta Psi, and fell in love with a state I knew nothing about.
- During my day off I got to see TWO movies. I have not been to the movies in FOREVER so I was so excited that I finally would get to see both films that I was dying to see: Gone Girl and The Best of Me. Both so different and both so good. I highly recommend both of them.
- Charlottesville is one of the prettiest U.S. cities I have ever seen, and it made me remember how much I love fall foliage. I got to walk around, venture into new boutique shops, and try new restaurants. It was a lot of fun.
- I got to visit Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson.
- I got to see part of the Berlin Wall which is on display at the University of Virginia in honor of the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Wall.
- I got to donate and support finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease by eating pancakes.
- I went to a UVA football game and cheered the team on from the hill.
- I got to go pumpkin picking, enjoyed a hay ride, and climbed a big tree stump.
- I got to hike part of the Appalachian Trail to reach McAfee Knob for sunrise.
Now off to Arkansas!